The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, often referred to by its product name BOTOX® Cosmetic, is a popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates frown lines, forehead creases, crows feet near the eyes, and thick bands in the neck. The toxin blocks the nerve impulses, temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles while giving the skin a smoother, more refreshed appearance.
The Botox treatment consists of tiny injections to the problem area. These injections temporarily alleviate excessive muscle activity responsible for your unwanted wrinkles and fine lines, relaxing them so they are temporarily less active. The actual treatment takes less than 30 minutes and is shown to last 3-5 months on average. Individual results may vary. You can expect to see results within a few days and continue to notice improvement for up to two weeks.
Benefits of Botox:
- Eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
- Diminish crow’s feet around the eyes, typically caused by normal squinting
- Reduce frown lines forehead
- Relax and smooth wrinkles around the eyes and forehead
- Smooth and relax deep lines between the eyes that cause an angry or tired appearance
- Smooths lines or wrinkles close to the lip.